Go Gecko Property Management are here to make the process of moving in as simple as possible.
So have a read:
- Ensure that you fill out the application form as thoroughly as possible. This can be faxed to you, e-mailed or handed over to you prior to viewing the property.
- Ensure that you include 100 points of ID with your application i.e. drivers licence, Medicare card, car registration, rates notice, utility bill or credit card.
- Ensure that you sign the privacy disclosure statement – otherwise we will not be able to contact your references.
We will keep you updated throughout the application process. Once your application has been assessed we will report the findings to our client. Our client will then advise our office if your application has been successful or not based on the information gathered. We aim to have an answer for you within 24 hours of your application being lodged
Once your application is approved
If your application is successful it will be necessary for you to do the following:
- make an appointment with the Go Gecko Property Manager to sign all the necessary legal documentation and to pay all monies as agreed.
- It will also be necessary for you to bring your bank account details with you in order to set up direct debit.
- You will need to bring cleared funds (in the form of a bank cheque or money order – WE CANNOT ACCEPT CASH IN OUR OFFICE) for payment of your bond (equivalent of 4 weeks rent) and rent-in-advance (the equivalent of 2 weeks rent). Please note that we cannot allow a tenancy to begin until we have all monies and all legal documentation signed.
Please also note that we do not accept bond transfers.
Go Gecko strongly recommend that your new home is covered by a contents insurance policy prior to taking possession.
We also recommend that you connect all utilities i.e. gas, electricity, alarm monitoring, telephone, internet, satellite TV etc prior to taking possession. Alternatively we can recommend a company who will do this for you free of charge.
During your tenancy it may be necessary for you to log a maintenance call, this can be done easily 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by filling out this form:
Go Gecko Property Managers will then take care of the issue on your behalf.
Ending your tenancy
At the end of your tenancy all you have to do is give us the appropriate notice of intention to vacate by using the appropriate form.
As part of your vacate procedure you will need to provide our office with a receipt from a professional cleaning company. We highly recommend that you use the services of our preferred cleaners, they have worked with us many years and they have the ability to perform a detailed bond clean in a very efficient manner that will allow us to release your bond to you without delays. Please contact us if you would like us to arrange this on your behalf.